I’m not a huge fan of New Year’s resolutions, because I always end up just forgetting what I resolved to do. But I LOVE spring cleaning. The weather’s getting better, days aren’t as dark and I’m not absolutely freezing on the way home.
This weekend I’m planning to peel through a ton of crap I have accumulated over the past year and a half (which is funny because I moved over to Ireland with two suitcases and that’s it). I can’t wait. It’ll be a lot of work, but I know Sunday night I will feel so much better.
Also, in just one week will be my last day at my job before I start a new adventure with a brand new company, and almost even industry. It’s only actually a ten minute walk from my old office, but I feel like I’m moving to a brand new city or something. I cannot wait and it was really time for a change up. So in the spirit of cleaning and rejuvenating for the new season, I’d like to make a few spring resolutions. Just a few gentle reminders to myself…
- Take more photos! When I was studying abroad I think everyone hated me, I took photos all day every day. Except now I have so many great pictures of that time and am a little sad I’ve missed capturing those great moments. Plus, it was helpful to remember where I’ve been, what I’ve done, etc.
- Cycle to work again. When I lived right in the city, I cycled to work every single day. I saved money from not paying for transportation, it was a great way to stay in shape and a nice way to end the day. Now I’ve moved a little further out, I just have fallen into taking the train every morning. Since it’s slightly warmer, it’s time to get back to biking.
- Weekend trips need to happen again. When you’re working a full time job, sometimes (okay, always) on the weekends I just want to sit around and relax and not do anything. But, while I’m living here in Ireland I really want to start experiencing the country again. Living in Dublin has become really easy to just stay in this city all of the time, and I never just go away for the weekend.
- Make lunch and bring it to work. This is a no-brainer, I buy lunch every day right now and it is so dumb. Sunday evenings I need to spend prepping for the week and just taking the few hours to go and do it.
- In a similar note, drink coffee at home. This is a tougher one, because it is impossible to buy coffee filters in Ireland. I tried ordering some off Amazon, but no one ships to Ireland. I found some in a grocery store here, and they told me they couldn’t locate the “item code” so I couldn’t buy them. I think the world doesn’t want me to have coffee! But I’m going to try hard to find it and make them work.
- Worry less. Since some big things happened in my life a few years ago, I have become a constant worrier. I feel like in high school I was always pretty go-with-the-flow, but now I am seriously the opposite. Maybe it’s because my job for the past two years has literally been planning, but I hate not having a plan or if my plan changes. And I’ve just been worrying. About everything. I need to relax and be more in the moment – I miss studying abroad where there was way less worries, working abroad is a completely different story. I think I need to meet somewhere in the middle for a little bit more harmony in my life.
I think just be a little more zen, spend less, play more and relax will be the theme of spring. Here’s hoping, my friends!